Fresh Goat Cheese and Fennel Crumble
Turn simple vegetable dishes into something truly special – savoury crumbles will change the way you think about vegetables!
2 tbsp olive oil
3 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
1⁄2 cup water
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
1 cup goat cheese or low-fat cream cheese
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Herbes Provencales
1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Lightly spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and fennel. Cook until lightly golden. Stir in water. Season with Sea Salt and Black Pepper.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Top with goat cheese.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients and cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over base. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Per serving: Calories 210, Fat 13 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 6 g.
Serve as a side dish with chicken and fish, or as a delicious main course accompanied by a crisp, satisfying salad.