Easy Bibimbap-Inspired Bowl
These bowls are delicious, but they can be time-consuming to prepare. We’ve taken a few shortcuts so you can enjoy them quickly any night of the week.
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1⁄4 cup water
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp sesame oil
225 g lean beef, cut into strips, or ground soy round
2 cups spinach
2 cups matchstick carrots
2 cups cucumber, sliced into ribbons
2 cups canned bean sprouts, drained and rinsed
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
4 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
hot sauce, optional
- In a Multipurpose or Round Steamer, add rice and water; cook on high for approximately 8–10 min, until rice is cooked.
- While rice is cooking, combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and prep veggies.
- In a Fry Pan or Wok, stir-fry beef with 2–3 tbsp of sauce until cooked, approximately 5–7 min. Place meat in bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, stir-fry carrots with 1 tbsp of sauce, approximately 2–3 min. Place in bowl and set aside.
- Stir-fry spinach on 1 side of the same pan and the mushrooms on the other side of the pan, approximately 2–3 min. Place each in bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out pan with paper towel. Fry eggs to desired consistency, 4–5 min.
- Assemble bowls by dividing rice into 4 serving bowls. Add beef and veggies; top each bowl with cooked egg, and Sea Salt and Black Pepper, if desired.
- Serve with green onion slices and hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!
Per serving: Calories 470, Fat 15 g (Saturated 4.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 225 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 27 g.