1 1⁄2 cups masa harina
1⁄4 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
1 cup warm water
- Stir ingredients together and mix for 2 minutes. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 walnut-sized balls.
- Place an 8" x 8" square of parchment paper on the press. Place one ball in centre of parchment with another piece to cover. Press down with handle. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry each tortilla 1 minute per side, or bake for 5–7 minutes in a 350° F (175° C) oven on a sheet pan.
- Stack and wrap in a cloth to keep warm before serving.
Per serving (1 tortilla): Calories 60, Fat 0.5 g (Saturated 0 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 60 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 2 g.
Make ahead and freeze prepared tortillas. Thaw, warm in the oven, and serve. Quickly reheat leftovers in the microwave.