Classic Crème Brûlée
2 cups whipping cream
6 large egg yolks
1⁄4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup sugar
- Position rack in the centre of oven and preheat to 300° F (150° C). Fill a kettle with water and bring to a boil.
- Place 4 crème brûlée dishes on Sheet Pan lined with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Heat cream in Multipurpose Pot - 8 cup over medium-high heat until it begins to steam. Do not overheat. Remove pot from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar and vanilla extract. Slowly add warm cream to mixture, stirring very gently to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Divide custard mixture between crème brûlée dishes. Place Sheet Pan in oven; carefully pour enough boiling water onto Sheet Pan to cover surface.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges are set, but centers are slightly wobbly. Remove sheet from oven and place on top of stove. Carefully remove each dish and set on a cooling rack for 20 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, place oven rack into highest position. Preheat broiler to high. Place 1 tbsp of sugar on each crème brûlée, then gently tip dishes to coat surface. Place on Sheet Pan and broil until sugar turns golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving: Calories 540, Fat 45 g (Saturated 26 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 455 mg, Sodium 55 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 27 g), Protein 7 g.