Cinnamon Raisin Muffins
A muffin with a slice of low-fat cheese and an apple can be a healthy and satisfying lunch for a kid on the go.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3⁄4 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3⁄4 cup raisins
1 egg, beaten
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
1 apple, grated, skin on
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Lightly oil Perfect Portion Muffin Pan with vegetable oil.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients. Stir in raisins and set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, milk, vegetable oil and grated apple.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
- Fill muffin pan cups 2⁄3 full. Bake 18 minutes.
Per serving (1 muffin): Calories 190, Fat 6 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 17 g), Protein 3 g.