Chocolate Temptation Cake
The ultimate celebration cake! Wow family and friends at birthday parties or get-togethers.
2 cups milk, your choice
2⁄3 cup oil + more for oiling
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
1 recipeSpiced Cream Cheese Icing
- Lightly oil two 8" Round Cake Pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, oil, vinegar, and mix. Divide batter between pans and smooth top.
- Microwave one cake at a time on high, 5 min. Rest in pan 6 min; invert onto wire rack to cool. Or, bake both cakes, at the same time, in preheated 350° F oven for 24–26 min. Cool in pan 10 min before unmolding onto racks.
- Let cakes cool completely. You can place them in the fridge to speed up the process.
- To assemble, spread a spoonful of icing in centre of a cake plate or pedestal. Place cake on top. Spread half the icing over top of the cake. Gently place remaining cake on top. Spread remaining icing over top of cake, just to the edges. There will be leftover icing—if you wish, you can ice the whole cake or freeze it for another day.
Per serving (1 slice): Calories 320, Fat 21 g (Saturated 8 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 400 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 19 g), Protein 4 g.