This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1 can (19 oz/540 ml) chickpeas
1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 bell peppers
2 celery stalks
1⁄2 small red onion
2 cups frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
1 head butter or iceberg lettuce
2 cups corn niblets
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel. Place on pan; toss with 1⁄2 tbsp oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. Using the Funnel, add remaining oil, Red Pepper Jelly, and vinegar into a Cruet. Screw on lid; shake vigorously to mix.
- Dice peppers. Slice celery. Thinly slice onion. Separate lettuce leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine peppers, celery, onion, edamame, and corn. Add dressing, to taste, and toss to combine. Just before serving, top with chickpeas. Serve over lettuce leaves.
Beat the heat and give your oven a day off. Skip roasting chickpeas – drain, rinse, and add to salad before tossing with the dressing.
If using frozen corn niblets, place in Multipurpose or Round Steamer and cover. Microwave on high 3–4 min until defrosted.