Chickpea & Edamame Salad
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1 can (19 oz/540 ml) chickpeas
1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
3 tbspRed Pepper Jelly
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 bell peppers
2 celery stalks
1⁄2 small red onion
2 cups frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
1 head butter or iceberg lettuce
2 cups corn niblets
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel. Place on pan; toss with 1⁄2 tbsp oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. Using the Funnel, add remaining oil, Red Pepper Jelly, and vinegar into a Cruet. Screw on lid; shake vigorously to mix.
- Dice peppers. Slice celery. Thinly slice onion. Separate lettuce leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine peppers, celery, onion, edamame, and corn. Add dressing, to taste, and toss to combine. Just before serving, top with chickpeas. Serve over lettuce leaves.
Per serving: Calories 480, Fat 19 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 490 mg, Carbohydrate 63 g (Fibre 13 g, Sugars 13 g), Protein 18 g.
Beat the heat and give your oven a day off. Skip roasting chickpeas – drain, rinse, and add to salad before tossing with the dressing.
If using frozen corn niblets, place in Multipurpose or Round Steamer and cover. Microwave on high 3–4 min until defrosted.