Chicken Parm Soup
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve over 1⁄2 cup cooked, bite-sized pasta, like rotini or penne.
2 medium zucchinis
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tbsp oil
4 cupsVegetable Broth, or 1 pkg (900 mL/30 oz) low sodium vegetable broth
1 pkg Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Hot Dip Mix
1 can (796 ml/27 oz) low sodium crushed tomatoes
1 1⁄2 cups water
1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Topping (optional): Chili Flakes & Garlic Topper
- Dice zucchinis and set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in Sauté Pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and lightly brown, 2—3 min.
- Add diced zucchini to pan and cook until slightly softened, about 2—3 min.
- Add broth, dip mix, crushed tomatoes, and water. Cover and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- When soup is boiling, stir constantly while adding cheese a little bit at a time, until cheese is melted. Add topper, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 330, Fat 15 g (Saturated 8 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 410 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 7 g), Protein 31 g.