Chicken and Asparagus Stir-fry
An easy and delicious meal.
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ginger (ground)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" strips
2 tsp cornstarch
1⁄2 cupNourish Broth, prepared
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1⁄2 cups asparagus (or green beans), cut into 1 1/2" (4 cm) pieces
3 green onions
1 cup sliced mushrooms, sliced diagonally into 1" pieces
1 tbspAsian Stir-Fry Seasoning
toasted sesame seeds, optional, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. In a separate bowl, sprinkle 3 tbsp of mixture over chicken, tossing to coat. Reserve remaining liquid.
- Dissolve cornstarch in Nourish Broth.
- Heat oil in Wok. Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add asparagus, onion, mushrooms, and Asian Stir-fry Seasoning. Cook over high heat until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add all reserved liquid and stir until thickened. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if you wish. Serve hot over rice, noodles, or pasta.
Per serving: Calories 150, Fat 6 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 350 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 17 g.