Chai Tea Cedar Plank Salmon
Salmon is a great source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. This recipe offers an amazing flavour combination of smoky citrus and mellow Chai Tea flavours.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with green salad and prepared Epicure Dressing.
1 1⁄2 lb (675 g) salmon fillet
2 cups chai tea, strongly brewed, cooled
1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Soak cedar plank in cold water with a heavy object for at least 2 hours. Remove from water and towel dry.
- In a large plastic bag, marinate salmon in chai tea for at least 1 hour.
- Brush salmon with oil. Place skin-side down on board. Top with orange slices (if desired) and prepare according to the following directions.
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C).
- Lay salmon on cedar plank and place on Sheet Pan.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon.
- Oven baking allows use of the cedar plank more than once; simply wash and air dry.
- Lay salmon on cedar plank and place directly on barbecue rack over low heat.
- Close lid and cook for 15–20 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon.
- Cedar plank will char and lend more flavour to the fish.
- When cooking over direct heat, cedar plank may be used only once.
Per serving: Calories 300, Fat 15 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 100 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 36 g.