Banana Upside Down Cake
Prep this recipe in 5 min, then set it and forget it in the oven!
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 ripe bananas, divided
3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1⁄2 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly oil 9" round cake pan.
- In Prep Bowl, combine sugar and butter. Spread over bottom of pan.
- Slice 1–1 1⁄2 bananas into thin rounds and arrange in bottom of pan. Mash remaining banana; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with applesauce and oil. Stir in muffin mix and mashed banana until well combined. Scrape batter into pan.
- Bake 35 min, or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pan.
- Gently run knife around edge of pan to loosen cake. Carefully invert cake onto a plate or serving platter.
Per serving (1 slice): Calories 220, Fat 13 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 12 g), Protein 2 g.
To easily invert cake, place a Cooling Rack over top of cake and carefully flip over. Gently slide onto a plate or serving platter.