1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups hot water
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1⁄2 English cucumber
1⁄4 small red onion
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 cups mixed greens
1⁄4 cup cubed feta cheese
- Rinse quinoa; place in Multipurpose Steamer and stir in hot water. Microwave on high, uncovered, until tender and water has been absorbed, 12–15 min.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken into bite-size pieces; sprinkle with sauce mix. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes in half and cube cucumber. Thinly slice onion.
- In a Cruet, combine dressing mix with olive oil and vinegar. Shake to mix.
- Remove quinoa from microwave; divide into four bowls.
- In the same steamer (don’t wash), add chicken; cover and microwave for 3-5 min.
- Top quinoa with chicken, veggies, greens, and cheese. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Make it vegetarian by swapping chicken for 4 cups of chickpeas or black beans.
Take it to go! In a mason jar, layer dressing first, then grains, protein, and veggies.