Asparagus with Vinaigrette Dressing
Easy and amazing. Simply blanch, drizzle and serve hot or cold as a gourmet side dish or lovely lunch salad.
1 lb (450 g) asparagus, trimmed to remove 'woody' ends
1⁄4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
2 tbsp finely diced red bell pepper
2 tbsp finely diced yellow bell pepper
- Fill a frying pan two-thirds full of water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add asparagus spears and cook for 2 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and rinse in cold water. Place on serving platter.
- Whisk together olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Mix, Salt and Pepper to create vinaigrette dressing. Drizzle over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with diced peppers. Serve or make ahead and refrigerate.
Per serving: Calories 120, Fat 10 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 80 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 3 g.
Try prepared Greek Dressing instead of Classic Vinaigrette.
Peel the lower part of the asparagus with a vegetable peeler, removing the fibrous skin. The entire stalk of asparagus will then be tender.