Who says vegans can't have fun (or dessert)? Try this delish vegan shortbread with raspberry chia jam kissed with Tutti Fruity Whole Food Sprinkle.
1 1⁄2 cup rice or almond flour
1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp pure almond extract
1⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- In a bowl, combine flour, coconut, flax seeds, baking soda, spice, and salt.
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add flour mixture and combine until dough comes together.
- Spoon approximately 2 tbsp of dough onto a Sheet Pan lined with a Sheet Pan Liner, leaving ½” between cookies. Press your thumb into the middle of each cookie. Fill each dent with jam, about 1½ tsp per cookie.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes, until bottoms brown lightly. Sprinkle with Tutti Fruity Whole Food Sprinkle, and once slightly cooled, gently move them to a cooling rack.