This recipe is a healthy and delicious use of antioxidant-rich, fresh tomatoes.
6 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and chopped
1 lb (450 g) uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup white wine
3 tomatoes, chopped
1⁄3 cup low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice, or orzo
- In a food processor, blend sun-dried tomatoes with Pesto Sauce.
- Coat shrimp with half of the pesto mixture. Set remaining pesto aside.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add shrimp. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, until almost cooked through.
- Add wine, bring to a boil, then add tomatoes. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, until tomatoes just start to break down. Crumble in feta.
- Cover and cook for 1 minute, until cheese starts to melt.
- Spoon over rice and drizzle with remaining pesto.