Sylvie's Holiday Cheese Log
Holiday Cheese Logs are easily made ahead and ready in the fridge for unexpected guests or holiday invitations.
1 recipe preparedCran & Apple Cinnamon Cheese Ball
1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, or cherries & berries
3 tbsp Hot Buttered Rum Mix
- Wrap Cran & Apple Cinnamon Cheese Ball mixture in plastic film. Then roll back and forth to form a log shape. Twist both ends of the plastic tightly and tuck under. Refrigerate until firm.
- Toast pecans in frying pan for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add Hot Buttered Rum and stir for 1-2 minutes, until coated and bubbly. Set aside to cool completely. When cooled use your fingers to crumble.
- Using your hands, mix pecans and dried cranberries. Roll cheese log in the mixture, pressing the mix into the log.
- Rewrap in plastic film and chill until ready to serve.
Per serving: Calories 90, Fat 4.5 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 85 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 10 g), Protein 2 g.