Try sweet and savoury with a tropical twist! This recipe includes the perfect summer glaze to liven up lean protein like pork chops, chicken breasts, or even extra-firm tofu. Add one of our sodium-free Toppers for even more savoury flavours.
Serve with a dinner roll and 1 cup grilled vegetables.
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) pineapple slices in juice
1 lb (450 g) boneless pork loin chops, 4 chops
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush with oil.
- Drain pineapple juice, reserving 2 tbsp. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss pork chops with 1 tbsp dry glaze and oil. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk reserved pineapple juice, remaining 1 tbsp dry glaze, honey, and soy sauce.
- Place chops on grill and baste with glaze. Cook, with lid open, 6–8 min, or until chops reach desired doneness, flipping and basting every 2 min.
- While chops are cooking, grill pineapple slices 1–2 min each side.