String Bean Oven Fries
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 serving of protein and 1 cup of grains.
1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, regular or gluten free
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbspSPG Seasoning
1⁄4 cup flour, your choice
2 eggs, beaten
1⁄2 lb (225 g) green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425° F (200° C).
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and seasoning.
- Place the flour in a separate small bowl and the beaten eggs in a third bowl.
- Working with a handful of green beans at a time, dip in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumb mixture, pressing beans down into crumbs until completely coated.
- Place on a crisper, close together but not touching, and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden.
Per serving: Calories 150, Fat 0 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 330 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 11 g.