This classic, creamy dish is delicious served over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice with a liberal sprinkling of 3 Onion Dip Mix.
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup milk, your choice
2 slices bread, crumbled or ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
2 lbs (900 g) lean ground pork, chicken, turkey or beef
1 tbsp vegetable oil
6 cups sliced mushrooms
1 can (28 oz/385 ml) non-fat evaporated milk
1 cup water or beef broth
1⁄3 cup cold water
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Combine eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, and seasoning in a large bowl. Form into 32 meatballs. Arrange on pan and bake 15 min, then transfer to a slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, place oil and mushrooms into Round or Multipurpose Steamer. Cover and microwave on high 5 min, or until tender.
- Add mushrooms, evaporated milk, water or broth, and Lemon Dilly Dip Mix to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until bubbling.
- Whisk cold water and flour and stir into slow cooker. Cover and continue to cook on high for 20 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice and serve.