Sloppy Joe Sweet Potatoes
Skip the bun and opt for this hearty twist on Sloppy Joes! Sweet potatoes are complex carbohydrates, which means they’re full of nutrients and fibre to keep you feeling full longer by stabilizing the sugar levels in your blood. They’re chock full of vitamins and minerals, like Vitamin A for your eyes and Vitamin C for immunity. Pro tip: serve with a dollop of prepared Roasted Garlic Aioli—it pairs perfectly with the beefy, tomato flavours of the Sloppy Joe filling!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1⁄2 cup veggies, your choice, and 1 tbsp prepared Epicure Dip.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Place two halves in the bottom of Multipurpose Steamer, then stack remaining two halves on top. Cover and microwave on high 10–11 min, or until soft.
- In Sauté Pan, brown beef over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, finely dice zucchini and roughly chop mushrooms. Add veggies to pan and cook 1 min.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add seasoning and tomato sauce. Cook until beef is cooked through and vegetables are soft, about 4 min; stir occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Remove steamer from microwave. Gently scoop out centre of each potato until there is a 1⁄2" shell. Add sweet potato flesh to beef filling and mix to combine.
- Stuff sweet potatoes shells with sweet potato and beef filling, and sprinkle with cheese. (Sweet potato shells will be full!)
Per serving: Calories 390, Fat 16 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0.5 g), Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 11 g), Protein 30 g.
Save time by grating the zucchini instead of finely dicing it.