Thank you, Carmen Crenshaw, for this recipe! This burger was a runner up in the Art of the Burger social media contest. It’s a mashup of two fan faves, with all the incredible flavours of lasagna packed into a juicy burger. Oh, and did we mention the gooey, cheesy centre? It’s the cheesy goodness of lasagna in a handheld delight.
1⁄2 lb (225 g) lean ground beef
1⁄2 lb (225 g) lean ground turkey
2 tsp ricotta
Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
4 mozzarella or bocconcini cheese pearls
4 slices cheddar
4 burger buns
1 cup baby spinach
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush with oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, beef, turkey, sauce mix, toasted onion, coating mix, ricotta, salt, and pepper.
- Using 2⁄3 of the meat mixture, form 4 patties using the 3-in-1 Burger Press. Then use the press to indent the middle of each burger patty in the middle. Place cheese pearl in the centre of each patty and cover with remaining meat mixture.
- Grill patties, with lid closed, 4–5 min per side, or until cooked. Add 1 cheese slice to each patty for final minute of cooking to melt.
- Meanwhile, slice tomato.
- Slice and toast buns, if desired. Place patties on bottom buns; top with tomato slice, spinach, and pesto.