Italian Antipasto Peppers
Make your own antipasto – the perfect appy or side dish for any occasion. Grill peppers instead of roasting for a summery twist.
4 assorted bell peppers
1 red onion, cut into strips
1 tsp olive oil
1⁄4 cup pitted black olives
1 tbsp capers
1⁄4 cupItalian Dressing, or prepared Greek Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
- Toss peppers and onion in oil. Place on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Roast, turning occasionally, until skins on peppers start to blister and onions are soft, approximately 20–30 minutes. Onions will be cooked before peppers, so remove to a bowl when done.
- Peel peppers, discarding stems and seeds. Cut peppers into thick strips. Place on a platter and add onion, olives, and capers.
- Drizzle with dressing and dish up with crostini or crackers. Any extras make a wonderful addition to leafy green salads or sandwiches the next day.
Per serving: Calories 30, Fat 1.5 g (Saturated 0.2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 110 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 1 g.
Preparation Tip: After roasting or grilling peppers, place them in a separate bowl, tightly cover, and let cool completely. The steam makes peeling the peppers easier.