Grilled Cajun Chicken Burger with Creamy Coleslaw
Southwestern Cajun-spiced grilled chicken burgers loaded with crispy coleslaw are sure to be a Friday night favourite. Made with a handful of ingredients in less than 15 minutes. We love the healthy convenience of coleslaw mix. Low-carb, high-fibre cabbage adds crunch and keeps you fuller longer.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup chopped veggies and 1 1⁄4 cup prepared Guacamole.
1 1⁄2 lbs (675 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 3
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp + 1 tspCajun Fries Seasoning orChipotle Aioli Mix, divided
1⁄2 pkg (397 g/14 oz) coleslaw mix
2 tbsp light mayonnaise or plain 2% Greek yogurt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
6 burger buns
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush with oil.
- Place one hand on one chicken breast and press down firmly. Curve fingers up slightly for safety. Using other hand, carefully slice meat horizontally. Repeat with remaining chicken. You should have six pieces in total.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add oil and 1 tbsp seasoning; toss to evenly coat.
- Grill chicken with lid closed, 3–4 min per side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss coleslaw with remaining seasoning, mayonnaise, and vinegar.
- Toast buns, if desired. Tuck chicken into buns; top with coleslaw and additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 350, Fat 11 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 26 g.