Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but there’s always room for innovation! Get the same flavour-busting burrito bowl with fewer calories and one-third of the salt. Chipotle®’s bowl comes in around 1500 mg of sodium for just one meal! Plus, you’re saving serious coin here by making it at home. Copy that!
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1 cup white rice
2 cups water
2 bell peppers
1⁄2 red onion
1⁄2 tbsp oil
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Toppings (optional): prepared Poco Picante Salsa, Guacamole
- In Multipurpose Steamer, combine rice and water. Top with tray; microwave, uncovered, on high for about 16–18 min, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, slice peppers and onions.
- Heat oil in Wok over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Measure 1 tbsp seasoning and set aside. Sprinkle remaining seasoning over meat. Stir-fry until browned, about 4–5 min, breaking up chunks with Ground Meat Separator. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add peppers, onion and reserved 1 tbsp seasoning to Wok (you don’t need to clean the Wok first). Stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 5 min. Stir in beans and cook 1 min, or until warm.
- Divide rice, ground beef, veggies, and beans between 6 bowls. Top each bowl with cheese, aioli (if using), and additional toppings, if desired.
Add chopped cilantro and juice from 1 lime to cooked rice to make cilantro-lime rice.
Skip the rice and wrap all your beefy burrito goodness in a whole wheat tortilla for a filling meal on the go!
Stir 1–2 tsp of water into 1⁄4 cup of prepared aioli to drizzle over your bowls.
Swap 1 pkg Taco Seasoning or 3 tbsp Taco Seasoning (Jar) for Chicken Barbacoa Seasoning.