Cheese-Stuffed Mini Meatballs
A sweet and garlicky appy with a surprise centre! Dish up with Roasted Garlic Aioli for dunking.
1 lb (450 g) ground turkey or chicken
1⁄4 cup soft goat cheese or cream cheese
2 tbsp honey
Toppings (optional): sesame seeds, chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- In a large bowl, crumble in ground meat; add seasoning. Mix well. Using 1 tbsp as a guide, form meatballs; place on pan. Flatten slightly into discs and put about 1⁄2 tsp cheese in the centre of each disc. Reshape into a ball, sealing meat around cheese.
- In Prep Bowl, melt honey in the microwave for about 20 sec.
- Brush meatballs with melted honey. Bake until cooked through, about 10 min.
- Insert a toothpick into each ball—they’ll be easier for guests to pick up.
Per serving: Calories 60, Fat 2 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 90 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 5 g.
Try flavoured goat cheese, such as cranberry or herbed.