1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into bits
8 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
3⁄4 cup white sugar
1 lemon, juiced
1 1⁄2 tbsp cornstarch
1 1⁄2 tspCinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Prepare topping by combining first 3 ingredients in mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until coarse crumbs result. Set topping aside.
- For filling, spoon blueberries into buttered 9 x 13” baking dish.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and Cinnamon to blueberries. Toss gently to combine. Spread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with topping. Bake until topping is lightly browned and fruit is bubbling, about 35 - 40 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and serve with scoops of ice cream.
Per serving: Calories 530, Fat 17 g (Saturated 10 g, Trans 0.5 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 120 mg, Carbohydrate 95 g (Fibre 8 g, Sugars 43 g), Protein 4 g.