Serve with 1 whole-grain roll.
1 can (19 oz/540 ml) lentils
1 can (28 oz/796 ml) diced tomatoes
3 cups hot water or broth
1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, your choice
1⁄2 cup uncooked small shell pasta
Toppings (optional): Pesto or chopped fresh basil
- Drain and rinse lentils. Add lentils, tomatoes, water, vegetables, pasta, and seasoning to an 8-quart programmable pressure cooker. Stir to combine.
- Secure lid. Place steam release valve in SEALING position. Press MANUAL button, select HIGH, and set the time to 5 min. This will take some time to get up to temperature before the timer starts to count down.
- When the cook time has finished, naturally release pressure for 10–15 min.
- Using a long-handled spoon, push the steam release valve to VENTING position. Release pressure completely before opening lid.
- Serve with pesto, if desired.