Winter Soba Noodle Salad
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1⁄2 pkg (363 g) soba buckwheat noodles
2 tbsp each olive oil and water
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp oil
1 large red bell pepper
1⁄2 lb (225 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (284 ml/10 oz) mandarin orange segments
2 cups frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
Toppings (optional): Everything Bagel Whole Food Topper, cilantro, sliced green onion
- In Multipurpose Pot, set over high heat, boil soba noodles until cooked, about 7 min per package directions. Drain and rinse noodles under cold water. Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together dressing mix, olive oil, water, and soy sauce.
- Thinly slice bell pepper. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in Sauté Pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; pan fry 8 min or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse mandarins. Add mandarins, pepper, and edamame to bowl with noodles.
- Add cooked chicken and dressing to bowl. Toss to coat. Add toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 430, Fat 13 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 320 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 9 g), Protein 25 g.