Warm Couscous Salad with Roasted Veggies
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1⁄2 cup lentils.
1 small red onion
1 green bell pepper
1 Japanese eggplant
1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
1 tbspRoasted Garlic Aioli Mix
1 1⁄3 cup water
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 1⁄2 tbsp Garlic Onion Nutritional Yeast Topper
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1⁄2 cup crumbed feta cheese
Toppings (optional): Garlic Onion Nutritional Yeast Topper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Slice onion into thick strips. Slice pepper into thin strips. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice thinly. Cut eggplant on the diagonal into thin slices. Toss all veggies with 1 tbsp oil and aioli mix.
- Spread veggies out on pan. Roast in oven until tender, about 15 min.
- Meanwhile, place water in Multipurpose Steamer. Cover; microwave on high 1–2 min until hot. Remove from microwave; stir in couscous and topper. Cover; let steam until tender and water has absorbed, about 5 min. Keep covered until veggies are cooked.
- Prepare dressing. Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, and dressing mix.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous, roasted vegetables, and dressing. Top with feta and additional topper, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Per serving: Calories 410, Fat 19 g (Saturated 5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 320 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g (Fibre 9 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 12 g.
Swap couscous for cooked quinoa for a delicious gluten-free option.