Vegetable Lentil Soup
Lentils are a great meat alternative, providing protein, minerals and fibre.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 potato, peeled and cubed
2 tspBalsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Mix, prepared
8 cupsVegetable Broth
1⁄2 cup lentils
1⁄2 cup frozen corn
1⁄2 cup frozen peas
2 carrots, coarsely grated
2 tbsp tomato paste
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
1 cup low-fat grated cheese or dairy free alternative, optional
- In Multipurpose pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, potato and Dressing Mix. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened.
- Add Bouillon and lentils. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, mash soup until slightly thickened but chunky.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, grated carrot and tomato paste. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with grated cheese, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 200, Fat 5 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g (Fibre 5 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 13 g.