Vanilla (Spritz) Cookies
A touch of Poudre Douce adds an unusual accent to these classic vanilla cookies.
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp Poudre Douce, optional
1⁄2 tsp lemon juice
1⁄2 tsp salt
2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
decorating sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, Poudre Douce, lemon juice, and salt.
- Add flour, beating until soft dough results.
- Pack dough into cookie press. Fit with the desired disc design. Press dough out onto ungreased Sheet Pan, spacing cookies 1” apart.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 10–12 minutes. Gently transfer cookies to cooling racks. Sprinkle with decorating sugar, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Per serving (1 cookie): Calories 80, Fat 4.5 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 55 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 1 g.
Try to use large eggs for a dough consistency that works well with cookie press discs.