Turkey Taco Burgers
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 3 tbsp prepared Guacamole dip and 1 cup veggies.
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
2⁄3 cup preparedNourish Broth, cooled
1 1⁄2 lbs (675 g) ground turkey or chicken
1 tsp oil
6 whole wheat buns
Toppings (optional): grated cheese, sliced tomato, shredded lettuce, zucchini ribbons, sliced radish, pickled red onion rings, pickled jalapenos, lime, salsa, or guacamole.
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs with broth; let stand 5 min to absorb.
- Crumble in turkey and add seasoning. Using your hands, mix just until combined.
- Wet hands to prevent sticking and form mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, pan-fry patties for approximately 5 min per side, until brown on the outside and cooked through.
- Place on bottom halves of buns. Add toppings and top of buns.
Per serving: Calories 330, Fat 6 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 310 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 36 g.
Fire up the grill and barbecue your burgers! Grill over medium-high heat, about 5 min per side.