Tofu Burrito Bowls
These colourful burrito bowls are a healthy and easy dinner. Top these bowls with corn to get an extra source of Glutamine!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup chopped veggies.
1 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups water
1 tbsp oil
2 blocks (350 g/12oz) extra firm tofu
1 can (398 ml/14 oz) low-sodium black beans
2 medium carrots
1⁄2 medium head green cabbage
Toppings (optional): charred corn, cilantro, Guacamole, Poco Picante Salsa, Chipotle Aioli
- In Multipurpose Steamer, combine rice and water. Top with tray and microwave, uncovered, on high for 16–18 min, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in Sauté Pan over medium heat. Gently press the tofu between 2 paper towels to remove excess moisture, then crumble tofu into warm pan. Add seasoning and mix to combine. Cook for 2 min until tofu is well coated.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add beans to tofu mixture and cook 3–4 min.
- Peel carrots. Using 4-in-1 Mandoline, slice carrots and cabbage and place in large bowl. Slice limes in half. Using 2-in-1 Citrus Press, squeeze lime juice into slaw and toss to coat.
- Peel and slice avocados.
- To assemble, divide rice, beans and tofu mixture, slaw, sliced avocado, and additional toppings, if desired, between 6 bowls.
Per serving: Calories 480, Fat 19 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 570 mg, Carbohydrate 61 g (Fibre 15 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 21 g.
Add 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp mayonnaise to the slaw for a sweet and creamy coleslaw. Make the slaw up to an hour ahead of time so that the cabbage and carrots absorb some of the dressing and soften up.