Thai Beef Lettuce Cups
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
1 cup sliced vegetables, your choice.
1 cup white rice
1⁄2 pkg Thai Stir-Fry Seasoning
1⁄2 can (14 oz/398 ml) coconut milk, preferably light
2 tbsp natural peanut butter or nut-free pea or seed butter
2 tsp soy sauce
1⁄2 tsp vegetable oil
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef, chicken, or pork
2 large carrots
1 yellow bell pepper
24–36 lettuce leaves, such as butter or iceberg
Toppings (optional): chopped almonds or peanuts, lime wedges
- In Multipurpose Steamer, combine rice with 2 1⁄2 cups water. Microwave on high, uncovered, 15 min.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine seasoning, coconut milk, peanut or nut-free butter, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, stirring often, until browned, 5–7 min.
- Meanwhile, thinly julienne carrots. Finely dice pepper. Set aside.
- Once beef is cooked, stir in reserved sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of sauce is absorbed, 2 min.
- To serve, form three lettuce cups (using two or three leaves per cup) on each plate; divide rice and beef in each cup. Sprinkle with carrots, peppers, and toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 510, Fat 20 g (Saturated 8 g, Trans 0.4 g), Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 300 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 30 g.
Make it vegetarian: Swap meat for 4 cups lentils or beans.