Sylvie’s Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
Light, crispy, savoury, and delicious – this appetizer makes glorious summer finger food.
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1⁄2 tbspHerb & Garlic Dip Mix, or Spinach Dip Mix
zest of 1 lemon
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
BLOSSOMS AND BATTER
16 zucchini blossoms, gently rinsed and stamens removed
1 1⁄4 cup soda water
1 cup flour, with extra for dusting
vegetable oil, for frying
- In a bowl, combine filling ingredients.
- Fill each blossom with about 1 tbsp of filling.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk soda water into flour until just combined (a few lumps are fine).
- In Wok, heat 2” of vegetable oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 350° F (175° C).
- Lightly dust stuffed blossoms with flour and dredge, one-by-one, in batter.
- Gently place blossoms in oil and fry in batches, 2–3 minutes, until golden-brown, flipping once. Be careful not to over-crowd Wok.
- Place blossoms on paper towels to soak up excess oil. Season with Sea Salt and Pepper, and serve while still warm.
Per serving: Calories 60, Fat 2.5 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 40 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 4 g.