Hop into the kitchen for a classic breakfast treat made with love! With warm cinnamon notes, hints of orange zest, and only 4 grams of sugar per serving, it’s the perfect choice for your breakfast spread. Top with prepared Summer Berry Sweet Dip.
Serve with 1 cup berries and 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt.
1 cup flour
1 tbsp grated orange peel
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄3 cup sugar
2⁄3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C). Stir flour with orange peel, seasoning, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs with sugar until pale in colour and mixture is thick.
- Beat in milk, then vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth. Batter will be thin.
- Heat frying pan over high heat. When hot, remove pan from heat. Add butter and swirl to coat.
- Pour batter into hot pan, then scatter apples over top. Place in oven. Bake until puffy and golden, 15–20 minutes. It should be puffy around the edges but the centre will deflate.