Sweet ‘n Sticky Steak Bites
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1⁄2 cup rice, 2 cups mixed greens, and 1 tbsp favourite Epicure Dressing.
3⁄4 cup water
1 tbsp liquid honey
2 tsp oil
1 lb (450 g) steak such as top sirloin, or striploin
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
Toppings (optional): sesame seeds, sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, seasoning, and honey. Set aside.
- In a large Sauté Pan or cast iron pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut steak into 1” cubes. Season with pepper to taste.
- Add steak to pan; cook until all sides are browned, about 4–5 min. Remove pieces as they’re done to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low. Add sauce to the pan; scraping up and stirring in any brown bits. Sauce will thicken quickly. Once thickened, immediately remove from heat; add steak and stir to coat. Serve with rice, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 260, Fat 7 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 440 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 19 g), Protein 23 g.