Stir-fries are quick & healthy and this one delivers on flavour! Sweet, succulent shrimp and vibrant veggies are tossed in a sweet garlicky sauce. Serve with rice noodles, keep it traditional with white rice, or make it low-carb with cauliflower rice, it’s up to you!
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1⁄2 pkg (14 oz/400 g) rice noodles
8 cups boiling water
1⁄2 cup water
1⁄2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
1 pkg (340 g) frozen, peeled shrimp, thawed
2 bunches broccolini
2 cups frozen edamame, thawed
2 cups shredded purple cabbage, about 1/4 head
- In a large bowl, combine noodles and boiling water. Ensure noodles are completely submerged. Every few minutes, give the noodles a stir to ensure even cooking. Noodles take approximately 6 min to cook.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, stir seasoning with water, cornstarch, and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Set aside.
- Over high heat, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in wok. Add shrimp, broccolini, and edamame. Stir-fry about 3 min or until shrimp are cooked.
- Add reserved seasoning mixture and cabbage; stir-fry, about 1 min, until cabbage is slightly wilted.
- Drain and rinse noodles; place on large serving platter and top with prepared stir-fry.
Swap broccolini for 3 cups broccoli florets.
Streamline prep time and swap fresh cabbage for 2 cups coleslaw mix. Only include if space allows