Packed with protein, veggies and juicy peaches, this dish comes together in a sweet ‘n tangy flash! Easy to customize, swap tofu for sliced chicken and when fresh veggies aren’t in season – use frozen.
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1 cup uncooked white rice
2 1⁄2 cups water, divided
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 blocks (7 oz/210 g each) smoked tofu
2 cups fresh or frozen green beans
2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches
Toppings (optional): Toasted sliced almonds or sesame seeds
- Place rice and 2 cups water in Multipurpose Steamer. Top with tray; microwave uncovered, on high, 16–18 min.
- In bowl, combine seasoning, remaining 1⁄2 cup water, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Set aside.
- In wok, heat oil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut tofu into cubes. Stir-fry tofu until golden brown on some sides, about 4–5 min.
- Stir in green beans and peaches. Sauté until beans are tender-crisp, about 2 min. Add reserved seasoning mixture; cook for 1–2 min until sauce is reduced.
- Serve over rice and add toppings, if desired.