Summer Fresh Mac & Cheese
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 4 oz (113 g) lean protein such as canned tuna or salmon, grilled chopped chicken, beef, or pork, or tofu.
2 cups uncooked macaroni
2 bell peppers
2 cups mixed cherry tomatoes
1⁄2 cup milk, your choice
1⁄2 cup sliced black olives, optional
Toppings (optional): chopped red or green onions
- In Multipurpose Pot set over high heat, boil macaroni until tender, about 6–8 min.
- Meanwhile, dice peppers and cut tomatoes in half.
- Add peppers to boiling pasta mixture for last 1 min of cooking.
- Carefully drain, then return noodles and peppers to pot. Add milk and seasoning. Stir until evenly mixed. Fold in tomatoes and olives, if using.
- Spoon into bowls and add topping, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 290, Fat 5 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 340 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 12 g.