Strawberry Buttermilk Donuts for Valentine's
1⁄2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, finely chopped or puréed
2 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp water
white chocolate sprinkles, to finish - optional
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1⁄2 tspSea Salt (Grinder), finely ground
3⁄4 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup low-fat milk, divided
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Using a Piano Wire Whisk, whisk all ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205°C).
- In a bowl, using a Piano Wire Whisk, whisk first 4 ingredients.
- In a second bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Slowly mix in dry mixture and milk in batches: 3 batches dry; 2 batches milk mixed with vanilla. Be careful not to over mix.
- Using a basting brush, lightly brush Mini Donut Pan with vegetable oil. Pipe or spoon dough into Donut Pan, filling wells 2⁄3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, approximately 12–15 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Dip one side of each donut in glaze, and twist clockwise to coat.
- Place plain side down on a cooling rack, and sprinkle generously with white chocolate sprinkles, if using.
- Let glaze set before serving, approximately 5 minutes.
Per serving (1 mini doughnut): Calories 80, Fat 3 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 45 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 9 g), Protein 1 g.