Don’t get stuck in a dinner rut! This zesty recipe delivers swoon-worthy flavours of ginger, garlic, and sesame. Air fryer power helps turn a few pantry staples into the stickiest, crispy chicken this side of take-out, but with half the fat and calories of the usual delivery options!
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1⁄4 cup + 1 tbsp cornstarch, divided
1⁄4 cup water
1 tbsp each low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, and brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
Toppings (optional): Everything Bagel Whole Food Topper, Poke Bowl Topper Blend, sliced green onions
- Preheat air fryer to 400° F.
- Chop chicken into 1" cubes. In a large bowl, whisk egg with 1 tbsp dressing mix; add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place 1⁄4 cup cornstarch in a large bowl. Working in batches, add chicken and coat evenly. Place in fryer basket lined with parchment paper. Cook 10 min, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, add remaining 1 tbsp dressing mix and 1 tbsp cornstarch, water, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and oil in Sauté Pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often until sauce thickens, about 2 min.
- Add cooked chicken to pan and toss to coat.