Stacked Turkey Tortilla Casserole
A fun, easy, tasty recipe to transform turkey leftovers into another great family meal.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup mixed veggies.
1 container (8 oz/226 g) spreadable light cream cheese
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
1 tbspGuacamole Dip Mix
4 cups diced cooked turkey
2 tspFajita Seasoning
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tsp Minced Garlic
4 large whole-wheat or flavoured tortillas
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) black or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup grated low-fat cheese
1 cupMarinara Sauce, prepared
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Stir cream cheese and cottage cheese with dip mix.
- Toss turkey with seasoning. In a separate bowl, stir tomatoes with garlic. Spray bottom and inside ring of a cheesecake pan with oil.
- Spread 1 tortilla with 1⁄3 cheese mixture, then place in cheesecake pan. Layer with 1⁄3 tomato mixture, 1⁄3 turkey mixture and 1⁄3 beans. Sprinkle with 1⁄4 cup cheese. Top with another tortilla and repeat layering. Last layer should be tortilla topped with remaining 1⁄4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 10–15 min until heated through and cheese is melted. For easier serving, let stand 15 min before cutting.
- Cut into wedges and place on plates. Ladle marinara sauce over top.
Per serving: Calories 310, Fat 12 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 24 g.