Thank you, Connie Kibyuk Cribb, for this recipe!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup cooked grains and 2 cups leafy greens with 1 tbsp Epicure Dressing.
4 lamb shanks
2 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven 450° F.
- Place shanks in a roasting pan just large enough to fit them in one layer and rub with oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 min until nicely browned. Remove from the oven and decrease temperature to 325° F. Sprinkle with Rosemary Garlic Seasoning, to taste.
- Wrap pan very tightly with several layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Try to get as tight a seal as possible. Return to the oven.
- Roast the lamb for an additional 2 hrs. Resist the temptation to open the foil and check on it until the 2 hrs are up, otherwise, the meat might get tough.
- Remove foil; pour in broth, increase heat up to 400° F. Roast 15 min, remove from oven.
- The shanks are done when they are nicely browned and fork-tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter and spoon over the juices.
Per serving: Calories 210, Fat 10 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 720 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 26 g.
Shop This Recipe
Rosemary Garlic Seasoning