Skinny Beef Burger
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup sliced, mixed tomatoes and 1 cob grilled corn.
8 large portobello mushrooms
1 tsp olive oil
4 tbsp Burger Seasoning, divided
1 lb (450 g) extra-lean ground beef
1⁄4 cup light cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp Big Burger Sauce Mix
4 cups mixed baby greens
- Lightly rinse and pat dry mushrooms. Remove stems, and scrape gills.
- Brush both sides of mushrooms with oil; sprinkle with 2 tbsp Burger Seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Combine with beef and remaining seasoning and form into four patties.
- Grill patties and mushrooms over medium-high heat with lid closed for 4 min each side, or until an instant-read thermometer indicates an internal temperature of 160° F for beef, and until mushrooms are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese with sauce mix.
- Spread cream cheese over four of the mushroom “buns”; top each with a patty, greens, and remaining mushroom caps.
Per serving: Calories 280, Fat 11 g (Saturated 4 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 420 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g (Fibre 5 g, Sugars 7 g), Protein 31 g.
Prep cream cheese ahead. Combine with Big Burger Sauce Mix, roll into a log, and refrigerate until ready to use. Slice into thin coins.