Sheet Pan Quesadillas
Be careful not to use your silicone liner for this recipe—bake the quesadillas right on the pan. This way, when you cut into them, your knife won’t be ruining your liner! The quesadillas should come off the pan cleanly for an easy cleanup.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup chopped veggies and 2 tbsp plain 2% Greek yogurt.
5 whole wheat flour tortillas or gluten-free tortillas (10")
1 can (398 ml/13 oz) low-sodium black beans
1 bell pepper
1 small red onion
1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 tbspChili Seasoning
Toppings (optional): Poco Picante Salsa, Chipotle Aioli
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Lay 4 tortillas on 1⁄4 Sheet Pan with half of each tortilla hanging over the sides of the pan. The center of each tortilla should be on one corner of the pan.
- Drain and rinse beans. Dice pepper. Peel and dice onion. In a large bowl, combine beans, diced vegetables, cheese, and seasoning.
- Spread filling over tortillas on pan. Place remaining tortilla on top, in centre of pan; fold overhanging sides of 4 tortillas back over top, covering the filling.
- Bake 10 min or until tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve with additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 350, Fat 15 g (Saturated 8 g, Trans 0.3 g), Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 580 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g (Fibre 11 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 16 g.
This dish is high in sodium—be sure to choose lower-sodium meals for the rest of the day!