Sesame Noodles & Fried Egg
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1⁄2 lb (225 g) uncooked spaghetti noodles, preferably wholewheat
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar or white vinegar
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Toppings (optional): Sliced green onion, sesame seeds
- In Wok set over high heat, bring water to boil. Once boiling, add noodles and continue to boil until pasta is tender, about 8–10 min.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together seasoning, soy sauce, sesame oil, and vinegar. This will be a thick sauce.
- In Multipurpose Steamer, add vegetables. Cover; microwave on high, until cooked, about 6 min, depending on the type of vegetables.
- Once cooked, drain noodles. Add noodles and sauce to vegetables in steamer. Toss with tongs to combine. Cover to keep warm; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry eggs until done to your liking.
- To serve, divide noodles between four bowls. Top with egg and add additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 450, Fat 16 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 245 mg, Sodium 410 mg, Carbohydrate 62 g (Fibre 9 g, Sugars 10 g), Protein 20 g.
Cook the eggs to your liking—a runny yolk works well to mix with the noodles. Try sunny-side up, soft boiled, or if you prefer, try scrambled!