Ruby Red Velvet Cupcakes
3⁄4 cup milk, your choice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1⁄3 cup oil
2 1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract, divided
1⁄2 cup light cream cheese, room temperature
2 tbsp butter
1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- Using a basting brush, lightly oil 2 Muffin Makers.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk with vinegar. Whisk in eggs, oil, 2 tsp vanilla, and cupcake mix until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly into pans, filling cavities about 2⁄3 full.
- In 2 batches, microwave on high for 2 1⁄2 min. Rest in pan 5 min; invert onto wire rack to cool. Or, bake in preheated 350° F oven for 15–18 min, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 min; unmold.
- To make icing, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Beat in remaining vanilla and icing sugar, one spoonful at a time, until smooth. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before spreading on icing.
Per serving (1 cupcake): Calories 210, Fat 11 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 14 g), Protein 3 g.