Ranchero Chicken Burger
A healthier baked alternative to deep-fried chicken.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 2 cups mixed greens and 1 tbsp prepared Epicure Salad Dressing.
16 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 6
1⁄4 cup prepared3 Onion DiporCreamy Ranch Dip, divided
3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs
1 tbspFajita Seasoning
1⁄4 cup each julienned carrot, zucchini, and red cabbage
1⁄4 cup sliced pickles or pickled peppers, optional
4 buns, split and toasted
1⁄4 cup preparedGuacamole
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly coat chicken with half 3 Onion or Ranch Dip.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs with the Fajita Seasoning. Place mix in resealable plastic bag. Working with one piece of chicken at a time, add to bag, shaking gently until evenly coated.
- Place on Sheet Pan lined with a Sheet Pan Liner; bake until cooked through, about 20 min. If making ahead, cool and refrigerate up to 2 days. Reheat if you wish.
- In a bowl, combine veggies with remaining dip.
- Place warm or cold chicken on bottom bun halves; spread chicken with guacamole and pile dressed veggies and pickles on top. Cover with top bun.
Per serving: Calories 390, Fat 13 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 920 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 7 g), Protein 29 g.