Portuguese Chicken & Veggie Kebabs
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 pita, 1 cup fresh veggies, 1 tbsp prepared Epicure dip.
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast or firm tofu
2 tbsp Piri Piri Dry Glaze
1 tbsp oil
2 bell peppers
2 small zucchinis
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes. Place in bowl; add dry glaze and oil. Stir to evenly coat. If you have extra time, let stand for 10 min to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers into 1" cubes.
- Slice zucchini into thick rounds.
- Thread meat and vegetables onto 12" metal skewers.
- Place skewers on grill; rotate often until lightly charred and chicken is cooked through, 12–15 min.
Per serving: Calories 180, Fat 6 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 125 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 24 g.
Consider using safflower oil or avocado oil when grilling instead of olive oil. Olive oil has a lower smoke point so it breaks down and burns faster, creating a bitter taste.